Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Sometimes You Gotta Teach in Green Socks


Well, today was fun.  It rained most of the day, which meant I had to drive to my schools in the rain.  I hate driving in the rain.  I spent my full lunch time sitting in the car, watching comedy videos on YouTube as I waited out the rain.

When I went to my last school, I had to cross the river.  So, it was the street, but the water was high enough that I was wading through water.  My left foot got wet; shoe, sock, and feet.  My right shoe only got wet.  I was miserable and cold when I got into the building.  The secretary let me borrow her floor heater for a few minutes.  That warmed me up, but I still had a wet left foot.

I asked the nurse if she had a pair of socks.  Thankfully, she did.  Went to class, fussed at them for being so disruptive, got them writing their in-class essay, then changed into the socks.

I taught class in striped green socks (no shoes).  Mind you, I didn’t have on anything green.  My color scheme was brown and yellow.



I’m a fighter.  I’ma make it do what it do!